Palatable SEO: SEO Strategies, All in 1 Plate
We all know that the definition of SEO or search engine optimization is the process of getting free organic traffic on search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. Wiki defined it as the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in organic search results. Those definitions simply imply that we have to make series of actions or steps in order that a website can perform well in terms of visibility in search engines but this does not mean that it is somewhat a kind of game or using tricks to cheat search engines.
It is always essential that we have to go back to the ultimate goal of SEO:
- Create a great user experience for your website.
- Making your website recommendable by search engines for every relevant searches.
As a SEO provider we are not just going to build links in order to make a website rank, there are actually lots of things that we need. And there are the valuable strategies that we need to apply in order to make a website rank. We can actually compare SEO into presentation of a food. Overall experience with the food truly matters in order that an individual can crave for more or be an enthusiast. For a website it is also the same, it is essential that you need to present your website with palatable SEO.
On the other hand, with the rising competition in the world of SEO, determining which one will suit your taste, the user’s preference and Google’s algorithm can be a no easy job. You have to consider different aspect of optimization. It is like the food that you will prefer. Will it be tasty for your tongue? Can it suffice your hunger? Is it healthy for you? A palatable SEO needs to be friendly to users, search engine and the general public.
It is important that a website have the following:
- Valuable content. Google provides great weight for valuable content. When does content become valuable? Definitely, when it is useful for the users, worthy to be shared and provide information that can be helpful in their everyday living especially in making decisions. Valuable content should be unique, truthful and correct (grammar and presentation of ideas). Google feeds the user, SEO feeds Google. If your content is not useful, it will be discarded by users and it lead to banning or penalty from Google.
- Right Architecture. Your website should contain the right structure and architecture which basically pertains not just the physical layout of the site but including the URL, meta tags and descriptions of the site. It is often referred to us the onsite optimization. It evolves as one of the predetermining factor of Google which sites has to be ranked first in the SERP. A website made with poor architecture such as wrong “404” or “301 redirect can significantly affect its rankings in organic searches.
- Faster loading of site. A slow loading site can increase the bounce rate of the website that can affect the rankings of the website in major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. A fast loading site can create a positive impression in the minds of the user making sure that you don’t prompt your readers to immediately exit from your website. Images, navigational tools , content, and internal links can affect the load speed of the site. Flash and videos should be properly installed to avoid annoyance because of slow loading. When a user is irritated with your website, it will certainly be thrown up in the SERP just like when a person doesn’t like the taste of the food he or she ate.
- Have authority. It is hard to gain authority but if your website contains truthful content, non-deceptive images and user-friendly interface, users will flock into your website enjoying every piece it can offer. Your website should contain the right information about its owners, the product/services it offer and the security it can provide. That’s why most website owners nowadays are linked to their social media profiles such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. The tendency of the user is to look information via social networking platforms.
- Social Signals. The use of different social media platforms can maximize the potential of a website. Google, may not publicly admit that social signals do affect in rankings, it can be felt through the increase in traffic (measure through Alexa rank or using Google analytics) and conversion rates. People’s experiences tend to be a powerful influence in the perception and decision making behavior of the people in the virtual community.
- Editorial or External links. As offsite optimization become a real deal in SEO, building links in relevant websites are not enough to boost the organic ranking of the website. Editorial links can also affect the authority and credibility of the website especially if it was showcased in a positive and voluntary manner done by the editors or web administrators.
A palatable SEO is not just about the links or social media. It is a combination of many strategies to ensure that you are capturing your target market in every corner of search engine optimization. A website owner must make sure that his or her SEO strategies contain a plate of strategies with different components. You eat different meals because you would likely get fed up with the same foods that are actually losing its taste as the time goes by. Just like SEO, you need to add spice in your strategies to maintain your spot in the search engine results page.
Have some thoughts? Please share it below.
Want to turn your WEBSITE into a TRAFFIC MACHINE?
Discover how to drive more traffic and leads.
Enter your name and email below to start maximizing your oppurtunities for organic search.
January 2, 2019
December 20, 2018
November 26, 2018